Medium Telephoto Macro Lens
This medium telephoto lens produces outstanding macro images. The use of one aspherical and one extra-low dispersion element effectively controls various aberrations, such as field curvature and chromatic aberration, plus all the lens groups are shifted together during focusing to achieve the highest level of sharpness in the X Series line up. As well as being perfect for close-ups, it can also be used for many other medium telephoto applications, with the F2.4 maximum aperture delivering smooth bokeh.
- This is a mid-telephoto lens with a bright aperture of F2.4 despite its compact size.
- It uses a glass-molded aspheric lens at the 7th element to prevent field curvature.
- and places an ED (extra-low dispersion) glass lens at the 6th element to contain chromatic aberration.
- The lens is ideal for portraiture because of its beautiful blur and high-definition description.
- At the minimum working distance of 26.7cm, the lens delivers the maximum magnification of 0.5x for macro photography.